Friday, May 28, 2010

Black & White and Choices All Over!

I usually go for more colorful outfits, but today surprised me with the fact that when I was deciding what to wear to a shindig with some friends tonight I came up with two quite neutral ensembles! I'm going with the second one, because the first one is a bit too dressy with the heels, but I think they both turned out alright! Maybe I don't have to be so colorful all the time! Maybe neutral doesn't have to be boring?

My inspiration started out when I was surfing the internet for things I love but can't afford and found this little combo at KateSpade.com. I love EVERYTHING she designs. But this blouse caught my eye:


 And I realized I actually DO have an affordable version of this outfit!



You can't see the polka dots in the blouse as well, but they're there!

Blouse: TJ Maxx
Shorts: J. Crew
Tights: Target
Shoes: Cactus Flower

My outfit was probably about $50 all together, but for the real thing, I'd be set back about $150 just for the blouse! (And that's on SALE!) Is there anything designer that you've paid full price for? I'd love to get my hands on some real Katie sometime, even if I can make my own comparable looks.

But then I realized I was too dressed up. Heels are NOT necessary at theatre kid house parties. 
Hence this outfit!
 
The boyfriend is getting great at taking photos :-)



Vest & bow necklace: Cactus Flower
White shirt: Target
Skirt and Belt: Forever 21
Flats: Charlotte Russe

And here's a better view of that necklace! New favorite accessory perhaps? 

Excuse my silly iphoto laptop cam. Sorry if this is too close for ya!

So has your fashion been black and white when it comes to color or price? Or are you finding the right kind of "grey areas" ?  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, the bow is so adorable!! Lovely outfit!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both these outfits! I think I'd shell out for designer accessories over clothing as you can't really outgrow accessories and most are timeless but then I prefer most vintage accessories anyway so I'll say my pennies instead!
    Also, that necklace is too cute! Might need to hunt one down for myself!

    ReplyDelete