Friday, June 25, 2010

First Day of School On Repeat...

Hello! It's been a long time. And I'm sorry about that, but things have gotten pretty busy! My summer job: "Welcome to College: The Musical!" has two (sometimes three) shows a day, and I have to be constantly running back and forth to the theatre department--not that I don't love it!

One of the perks of this show is that there isn't a specific costume any of the actors have to wear, but a dresscode, if you will. Since we are all playing new freshman who just got to our university, we are supposed to dress as if we are "still trying to impress people" on the first day of school! So, this summer I'm going to end up putting together over 50 first day of school outfits. Neato? Yes. Challenging? Hopefully not. I think I'm doing alright so far.


So here are a FEW of the outfits I've been wearing to work: they're all different and unpredictable! Just like everyday of uni ends up being...

You can meet this student version of me in the library!
dress: charlotte russe
sweater: delias
belt: wet seal
flats: Cactus Flower

You can meet this student version of me outside in the quad with friends!
necklace: mom's from the 60's!
dress & sandals: Modcloth
belt: Wet Seal

Or you can meet this student version of me catching a quick bite to eat at the city bakery next to the music school! 
headband & dress: Urban Outfitters
scarf/belt: hat shop in LA
sandals: Modcloth

And there will be many other student personalities I have to dress myself up in before uni actually  starts! The best part: seeing the look on all the other actors' faces when they sighed in realization of having to abandon their usual sweat-pants-to-class-chic. I'm proud of myself for still dressing up like I want to "impress people" everyday, even if it's not the first day anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment